Here is a quick recap of our September meeting:
- A BIG welcome to the 6 visitors we had! We hope you will return and join us.
- Liz H. won the block-of-the-month drawing and it was a jackpot - 21 BLOCKS!
- We collected 16 bags for the Red Cross volunteers. Way to go ladies. Our deadline for donated bags will be the October meeting and then they will be delivered to the Red Cross. Thank you to everyone that has participated so far!
- Vickie and Jen T. quilted and did the binding on our donation quilt - THANK YOU!!! This quilt will be given to the Dowd YMCA for their upcoming auction.
- Beth P. talked about the Sari Bari quilt auction she is participating in again this year. The auction will be held in November and is for a great cause. The quilts she showed are stunning in person. Here is a link to complete details of the program http://www.saribari.com/about/
- Bianca gave an update on here recent trip. She had just returned from Africa where she helped with the Fashion & Compassion program. She spent over a week helping women learn to sew and create items. Some of the items may be for sale in the Charlotte area and I will update you as we get more information.
- Elaine has been doing a great job with the guild library and showed 3 new books. One is by our fellow member Dee! Check it out (pun intended).
- Our program was Handmade Holidays - Part 1. Elizabeth B. gave us a nice handout of online tutorials for gift ideas and then Jen B. enlightened us on what is a Turtle Mop. It is such a CUTE little thing that can be used to mop up spills around the house. Thanks ladies!
p.s. Diane M. did a great post on her blog about the program and included the links to the gift tutorials. Go check out her blog and the links http://oquilts.blogspot.com/
- The Swap For Someone You Love items will be due at the October meeting.
- October's BOM is:
Block: Fresh Lemons 2 Color Star
Colors: Gray & Aqua (Cindi, our BOM Captain, made a sample to show. Thanks!)
Link For Tutorial: http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=1709
Have a wonderful week. If you ever need to contact the guild you can click over to the blog and use the CONTACT US button at the top right.