Free Classes 2022
Beginning Sewing/Quilting Classes
- 8 x 6.5 inches (need 50 for 1 class)
- 14 x 6.5 inches (need 50 for 1class)
- 8.5 x 7 inches (need 50 for 1 class)
- 10.5 x 7 inches (need 50 for 1class)
Placemats for Friendship Trays
Placemats are a quick and easy project. Placemats should be 12 to 14 inches wide and 17 to 19 inches long. They can be made using scraps, leftover quilt blocks or yardage. Placemats should be constructed of a top, a back and batting and should have enough quilting so they hold up to being washed in a washing machine. Simple quilting such as “stitch in the ditch” is great but you can take this opportunity to practice your free motion quilting if you like.
As to construction, there are 2 methods that work well.
- Make a traditional quilt with a top, back and cotton or polyester batting. These are layered and quilted together. Binding is then applied using hand or machine sewing.
- Make a no-binding placemat using a
top, back and cotton or polyester batting. There are many tutorials on making no-binding