Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Modern Star Challenge

Are you giving some thought to your modern star challenge block?

Remember that you can use your fat quarter and white. (If you shared some of the fat quarter fabric with a friend, you can use both and white.)

Finished blocks should be 12.5" x 12.5".  Please bring them to the February meeting!

Our sew in Saturday is coming up on February 18. I think we are going to have a great turn out! If you did not sign up and would like to come, please let me know so I can make sure we have enough tables and chairs set up.

The sew in is at Carmel Presbyterian Church, noon - 4:00 PM on 2/18/12.   We will meet in the Ligon building by the playground. See you then!

Our next meeting is Thursday, February 26 at 6:00. A big thanks to Joyce Mullis for teaching us all about turning the perfect circle and crazy curves! The Modern Star block challenge winners will be revealed too, and I can't wait to see all of your blocks.

If you are participating in the pin cushion swap, you should have received your partner information from Karen. Please make an inspirational mosaic and post it in the Flickr group for your partner to have some direction and ideas. A tutorial on how to go about this is in the Flickr group as well.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. 2 questions?
    -Did you mean Thursday the 23rd?
    - Are there any fat quarters left that I could "share"? I didn't share with anyone on the night of the last meeting and would love to get some more, if there is any left, on the day of the sew in. Or, if anyone is willing to share with me on that day, I will bring my FQ to split. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete